Friday, November 13, 2015

Summer Girls and Caramel Dip

Recently the weather has turned cold. I love wearing sweaters, knit socks and sweats and snuggling up in a blanket. Two of my daughters are of a different opinion. They have started a club of sorts and walk around calling themselves the summer girls. They HAVE to wear short sleeves, its a rule or you're not a summer girl. They CAN NOT wear socks, or you can not sing the summer girl song. Skirts are also a required to be able to identify oneself as a summer girl. I am sure there are other rules, these are just the ones I break on a daily basis and am reminded that again today is not the day I will be allowed to join the club. My lack of desire to freeze, which results in no desire to be a part of a group that runs through the snow in flip flops, does not seem to effect their vigilance in getting me to join. When we are in public they point and wave at fellow 'summer girls' who mostly have no idea what is being yelled at them. Who knows how long summer will last around here, but I will continue to smile and enjoy my girls being friends. Here is a recipe for some delicious caramel dip that we love to eat in the fall, even the summer girls.

40 caramels unwrapped
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 stick of butter

Put all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and warm for 1 minute then stir. Continue to warm slowly and stirring after each time in the microwave. Once all the caramel is melted use a hand mixer to mix until all ingredients are combined and enjoy. This can be reheated and remixed. Make sure you have a crowd to share with because this makes more than one person can handle with out getting quite the stomach ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment